rrdtool line1 dashes

If you figure out how to do something interesting/cool in Cacti and want to share it with the community, please post your experience here.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

JiMo

rrdtool line1 dashes

Post by JiMo »

Hi,

First I'm new in dash usage :o so I can do a lot of mistakes!
It takes me a long time to have a dash on my graph... Just because I didn't know it was only working with LINE:STACK. Also, if I use more than 5 LINE:STACK in the same graph, line color changes... :-?
In fact, I found I've to use LINE:STACK directly in lib/rrd.php.
Because of strange color issue, I replaced, at the end of a line, a space string by $dash (see attachment) in the switch for LINExx case.
Is it an issue in the code I use (Suse 15.4 up to date), is it to avoid problem dash was not allowed in LINE1?
The only thing I can say is now I can use LINE1 and don't have anymore weird colors on LINE1 dashed lines :D ...

Thanx for reply,
JM
Attachments
librrd.txt
(479 Bytes) Downloaded 39 times
TheWitness
Developer

Re: rrdtool line1 dashes

Post by TheWitness »

Can you attach the full file or open a ticket in GitHub and attach it there?
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
JiMo

Re: rrdtool line1 dashes

Post by JiMo »

High,

Well, I didn't check the content of the file I sent and, obviously, it's quiet complicated to do something with it :(
So here is the modified lib/rrd.php .
Because of filtering rrd.php is sent as rrd.php.txt

BR,
JM
Attachments
rrd.php.txt
(144.44 KiB) Downloaded 20 times